tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Troy Simpson <troy_simp...@ncsu.edu>
Subject Is there a port limitation on
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 22:47:09 GMT

Sun Solaris 8
Tomcat 5.0.19
Apache 2.0.52
jk2

Is there a limitation on what ports the AJP/1.3 connector can use?
When I use the default or port 7999, Apache2 and Tomcat5 work together.
But when I set the port to 45009,  I get the following error:

The servlet container is temporary unavailable or being upgraded
Internal Server Error
unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, systems_helpdesk@ncsu.edu and
inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have
done that may have caused the error.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while
trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.0.52 (Unix) mod_jk2/2.0.2 Server at insight.lib.ncsu.edu Port 80

I'm going to test some other ports.

Here is what my config files look like:
server.xml
======================================

  <GlobalNamingResources>
    <!-- Used by Manager webapp -->
      type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"
      description="User database that can be updated and saved">
    </Resource>
    <ResourceParams name="UserDatabase">
      <parameter>
        <name>factory</name>
        <value>org.apache.catalina.users.MemoryUserDatabaseFactory</value>
      </parameter>
      <parameter>
        <name>pathname</name>
        <value>conf/tomcat-users.xml</value>
      </parameter>
    </ResourceParams>
  </GlobalNamingResources>

  <Service name="Catalina">
    <!-- HTTP CoyoteConnector -->
    <Connector address="152.1.79.90" port="8081" />

    <!-- This is here for compatibility only, not required -->
    <Connector address="127.0.0.1" port="45009" protocol="AJP/1.3" />

      <Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger" />

             resourceName="UserDatabase" />

      <Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps" />
    </Engine>
  </Service>
</Server>
=====================================
=====================================
jk2.properties:
===============================
request.registerRequests=false
=====================================
====================================
workers2.properties file:
=====================================
# workers2.properties

# Shared memory handling. Needs to be set.
[shm]
info=Scoreboard. Required for reconfiguration and status with
multiprocess servers
file=/global/lunadg/d01/app/apache2/2.0.52/logs/shm.file
size=1048576
debug=0
disabled=0
version=0

# TCP socket
[channel.socket:localhost:45009]
info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket
tomcatId=localhost:45009
debug=0

# Announce a "status" worker
[status:status]
info=Status worker. Displays runtime information.

[uri:/jkstatus/*]
group=status:status

# Uri mapping
[uri:/MediaManager/*]
info=Map to Luna Insight Media Manager.

# Uri mapping
[uri:/BrowserInsight/*]
info=Map to Luna Insight BrowserInsight.

Thanks,
Troy

--
Troy Simpson
  Applications Analyst/Programmer, OCPDBA, MCSE, SCSA