tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Simon Tardell <si...@tardell.se>
Subject Declarative security in context?
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 21:58:23 GMT
Hiya,

I want to deploy multiple instances of the same webapp, with different
authorization rules. However, declarative security is done in the
web.xml of which there will only be one copy (referred by multiple
contexts). Is it possible to impose security constraints on a web app
from the outside, i.e. declaring them in the context rather than in the
web.xml?  Ideally I'd like to be able to "shadow" parts of the web.xml
on a per context basis, but I can't see how to do that. Would I have to
write a valve to do custom authorization?

TIA,

Simon Tardell

Simon Tardell, simon@tardell.se