tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: j_security_check/ Realm question
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 11:31:54 GMT
See section SRV.12.3 Programmatic Security of the Servlet spec for the role
link question.

As for the welcome page - the spec wasn't meant to handle cases like this.
The container protects resources. Once you try to access a protected resource
- you mustr authenticate. Then you are passed to the protected resource, not
to a different page.

-Tim