tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <bur...@newsmonster.org>
Subject Re: OutOfMemory errors compiling JSPs on 5.0.16 and 5.5.4
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 19:51:27 GMT
Dale, Matt wrote:

>I've not been following this thread but my guess would be that you are running out of
space in the permanent generation of the heap. Get a hold of jvmstat from sun and run visualgc
on your JVM, it should become obvious then which pool is running out of space.

God!  How pathetic is this:

http://java.sun.com/performance/jvmstat/#Download

> This distribution of the jvmstat tools requires J2SE 5.0 with the
> HotSpot JVM.

So now I have to upgrade all our VMs to JDK 5.0 even though earlier
versions of jvmstat supported JDK 1.4.

Brilliant... who's the marketing genius that though of this one!?

... and of course they don't link to archival versions.

The SUN  has set my friends ;-)

Kevin

get a free iPod!