tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Wilson" <jnwil...@dallas.photronics.com>
Subject Re: Testing/Development environment setups..
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 19:39:25 GMT
Thanks for all the good advice before(everyone) - now more of a specific
Web-App Development item:

    I'm setting up my CVS repository structure(/etc,/src,/lib,/web) per
the TC3.3.1 "Developing Application with Tomcat" FAQ  - but the
structure is different for TC5.0. And MyEclipse and Netbeans both seem
to use a different Web-app structure as well when importing/creating
projects. I prefer NetBeans over MyEclipse, and NB does have a
"free-form" project that might work with the TC3.3.1 source setup but
the instructions talk about having to rewrite a lot of the default Ant
targets(there are like 40 or so) to enable build/test/deploy Automation
and the reason I wanted to use an IDE was to *increase* my efficiency.
Also, what would happen when someone else on the project had a different
IDE preference? So I guess the question(finally) is: How does everyone
setup their CVS repositories(diff for each TC target, rebuild repos when
TC target changes it's recommendations, change to suit the IDE?) to get
over this hurdle?

Thanks in advance,
JW