tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Rossbach ...@objektpark.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5.4, Logging and the death of my friend localhost_log
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 17:00:30 GMT
Hey,

have you place also the common-logging.jar 1.0.4 with the log4j Factory
at common/lib ?

regards
Peter

Allistair Crossley schrieb:

>Hi again,
>
>I have tried to setup a file appender now without success. When I restart Tomcat it is
clear that it does not wish to create the file I am specifying. I am wondering if Tomcat really
is initialising the logging subsystem from placing log4j.properties in common/classes. I could
be completely wrong and have missed something?