tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Watters <and...@gointernet.co.uk>
Subject Re: Renaming WAR problem
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2004 13:32:03 GMT
Thanks for your reply Tim.

Tim Penhey wrote:

> Andrew Watters wrote:
>
>> In this case the webapps directory is entirely empty, I delete the
>> ROOT folder as part of the publish procedure and there are no other
>> apps configured except for the manager and admin ones.
>

> What about the XML configuration file in
> $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost
> Does it specify the name of the correct war file?

The only files in here are admin.xml and manager.xml. Should I have
something for ROOT?

> As Yoav mentioned, look at the Host element in the /conf/server.xml
> file.  Specifically the values for unpackWARs and autoDeploy.

I think this is configured correctly. I have

<Host name="localhost" debug="9" appBase="webapps"
       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"

I have also set all debug leverls in /conf/server.xml and /conf/web.xml
to 9. I don't see any indication of errors in any of the generated logs
or in the command window.