tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Johnson <pe...@wizardslair.net>
Subject Re: Configuration Management, JSP Recompiles, War Files
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2004 21:42:34 GMT
Hi Steven,

We run 5 Tomcat servers (still on 4.1.x so not clustered) and use CVS
with two tags: 'stage' and 'prod'. When a push script is executed the
server pulls the appropriate version from cvs and then performs an ant
task to deploy the app, compiling any changed classes. We find that this
works just fine and haven't really had any issues.

Check that you are using <jsp:include ...> (include on execute) rather
than <@ include ...> (include on compile) as this *may* be causing the
issue.

Just out of curiousity why are you are deploying individual apps if they
are so similar? Why don't you just implement a "branding" infrastructure
and run a single app with multiple brandings?

Just a thought ...

PJ