tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Trond G. Ziarkowski" <trond.ziarkow...@gep-as.com>
Subject Re: Apache / Tomcat restart
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 19:55:06 GMT
Hi Shapira,

the reason for running apache / jk2 is that we are running other things
on the same server using php. Haven't tried to make php run inside
tomcat, never even checked to see if it is possible. The php stuff
existed before we started using tomcat so the natural approach for us
was to expand our existing solution to also support running servlets /
jsp. However we are in the process of porting our old php stuff to
servlets / jsp, so in the near future we should be able to use tomcat
standalone.

I'm a junior (2yrs. exp.) and curious about hints / tips when you talk
about good design and support / maintenance practices. Pointers to good
docs on these topics or som pointers from you or others that are more
experienced than myself would be much appreciated.

Regards

Trond Ziarkowski