tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hassan Schroeder <has...@webtuitive.com>
Subject Re: Can anyone help me/guide me?
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 15:23:14 GMT
vaneet@onvol.net wrote:

> now problem is:
> when u visit http://www.export4u.co.uk
>
> and u click on contact us section.
>
> If a user refreshes a page while he is on any section.. contact us,
 > about us ... and etc , the browser  takes back the user to the home
 > page which is index page. (http://www.export4u.co.uk )

... which is what shows in the browser address bar, regardless of
the content being displayed. So of course a reload will just bring
you back to the default page view.

You'll need to provide a proper URL, e.g., at least something like
"http://www.export4u.co.uk/contact", instead of (apparently) just
forwarding within your main servlet. Or keep track of the user's
"real" page location as part of the session. Or something :-)

HTH!

                           dream.  code.