tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: Response and file downloads
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 00:48:58 GMT
Hassan Schroeder wrote:
> Dude, you need to get out more :-)

Wife, kids, house, day job, my own company off-hours... Getting out
hasn't happened much for about eight years now :)

> IFRAME is part of the HTML 4.0
> spec: <http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/present/frames.html#edef-IFRAME>

Cool, I didn't realize that.  Maybe it was just that support for it was
not universal until relatively recently.  The last time I did any non-IE
development frankly was about 3-4 years ago, obviously much could have
changed since then.

> And you can use OBJECT to include anything -- text files, HTML files,
> images, whatever; if it's a "browser-native" format, it'll just be
> displayed.
>
> Something like this:
>
> <object
>     type="text/html" data="alert-js.html"
>     height="100px" width="300px">
> </object>
>
> :: will include the page referenced as "data".

That's definitely cool too, I never would have thought to even try it.
I assume an <object> is available through DOM... does it have a src
attribute?  You know what I'm getting at: dynamic changing of the
content.  If that's possible, any idea how universal that would be?

> Still, the most reliable solution for the problem at hand is probably
> the META refresh...

No argument here :)

--
Frank W. Zammetti