tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hassan Schroeder <has...@webtuitive.com>
Subject Re: Response and file downloads
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 00:22:49 GMT
Frank W. Zammetti wrote:

> It *is* possible that Mozilla now supports iFrames, I haven't kept up
> with it's development.

Dude, you need to get out more :-)  IFRAME is part of the HTML 4.0
spec: <http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/present/frames.html#edef-IFRAME>

Old news. It works fine in Moz, Opera, Konqueror...

> I'm not sure about the object tag idea... I've never seen it used that
> way but that certainly doesn't mean it won't work.   My understanding is
> that it embeds content in a page that is recognized by one plug-in or
> another... I suspect it wouldn't help in this case, but I could be wrong.

And you can use OBJECT to include anything -- text files, HTML files,
images, whatever; if it's a "browser-native" format, it'll just be
displayed.

Something like this:

<object
	type="text/html" data="alert-js.html"
	height="100px" width="300px">
</object>

:: will include the page referenced as "data".

> Now, if there is a way that I don't know about to target a layer, that
> could do the trick.

Still, the most reliable solution for the problem at hand is probably
the META refresh...

FWIW!

                           dream.  code.