tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Akacem Mohammed <Mohammed.Aka...@arbeitsagentur.de>
Subject Connection pooling under Tomcat 5.0.28 Probleme
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2004 15:45:01 GMT
Hello every body,

I have read in die archive the e-mail exchange  about configuring Datasource in Tomcat for
connection pooling. ( I also read the Tomcat doc )

the jar file commons-collection- 3.1.jar, commons-dbcp-1.2.1.jar, commons-pool-1.2.jar und
the database driver ifjdbc.jar are in the commons/lib directory.

I got the following Mersage Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null' (
someone on the list experienced the same thing with the same Message )

My Configuration is as follow: ( I try to access an informix database )

web.xml :

  <resource-ref>
      <description>DB Connection to informix</description>
      <res-ref-name>jdbc/SteaDB</res-ref-name>
      <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
  </resource-ref>

Server.xml :

<DefaultContext>
  <Resource name="jdbc/SteaDB" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>

  <ResourceParams name="jdbc/SteaDB">
    <parameter>
      <name>factory</name>
    </parameter>
   <!-- Maximum time to wait for a dB connection to become available
         in ms, in this example 10 seconds. An Exception is thrown if
         this timeout is exceeded.  Set to -1 to wait indefinitely.
         -->
    <parameter>
      <name>maxWait</name>
      <value>10000</value>
    </parameter>

    <!-- username and password for dB connections  -->
    <parameter>
     <name>username</name>
     <value>usernamer</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
     <name>password</name>
     <value>dfdfdf</value>
    </parameter>

    <!-- Class name for the informix treiber -->
    <parameter>
       <name>driverClassName</name>
       <value>com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver</value>
    </parameter>

    <parameter>
      <name>url</name>
      <value>
	jdbc:informix-sqli://s0062033.vt.bb.de:300056/coadb:informixserver=coadbzentral
      </value>
    </parameter>

   <parameter>
        <name>removeAbandoned</name>