tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Akacem Mohammed <>
Subject Connection pooling under Tomcat 5.0.28 Probleme
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2004 15:45:01 GMT
Hello every body,

I have read in die archive the e-mail exchange  about configuring Datasource in Tomcat for
connection pooling. ( I also read the Tomcat doc )

the jar file commons-collection- 3.1.jar, commons-dbcp-1.2.1.jar, commons-pool-1.2.jar und
the database driver ifjdbc.jar are in the commons/lib directory.

I got the following Mersage Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null' (
someone on the list experienced the same thing with the same Message )

My Configuration is as follow: ( I try to access an informix database )

web.xml :

      <description>DB Connection to informix</description>

Server.xml :

  <Resource name="jdbc/SteaDB" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>

  <ResourceParams name="jdbc/SteaDB">
   <!-- Maximum time to wait for a dB connection to become available
         in ms, in this example 10 seconds. An Exception is thrown if
         this timeout is exceeded.  Set to -1 to wait indefinitely.

    <!-- username and password for dB connections  -->

    <!-- Class name for the informix treiber -->

              <value>300</value> <!-- in second -->

Thank you for your help

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: