tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Scott Purcell" <spurc...@vertisinc.com>
Subject deploy war file
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 19:42:12 GMT
Hello,

I am using Tomcat 4.1 on Win2000. I have a web application that has been running for a while
that has an entry in the server.xml file for reloading etc.
Anyway, I am beginning to create a .war file for the code, using ant. I have read the docs,
and it seems easy that one should put the .war file under the webapps directory and restart
the server. I do this, but get no luck. The war file is good, I can extract the components
from it, and the path structure is good.

Am I missing a step?

Here is the server.xml for info:
 <Context path="/merchant" docBase="merchant" debug="0" reloadable="true" />
and
<!-- Define the default virtual host -->
      <Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps"
       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">

So it looks like the server is configured to extract the merchant.war file?

Thanks,
Scott