tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ronald Klop <ronald-mailingl...@base.nl>
Subject Re: RE:how to set encoding parameter in Tomcat4...
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 09:00:42 GMT
I set request.setCharacterEncoding(...) before handling the request. My Tomcat-5 doesn't pick
up the content-type of the request from a browser, because browsers do not send content encoding
as http headers. Maybe xmlRPC does the same.
I recommend you to use a network sniffer for looking what bytes are really send over the wire
between the application and the server and tomcat and the database.

Ronald.

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/servletapi/javax/servlet/ServletRequest.html#setCharacterEncoding(java.lang.String)