tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "LAM Kwun Wa Joseph" <j...@ust.hk>
Subject high traffic Tomcat sites out there?
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 10:55:08 GMT
For my Tomcat cluster I'm looking for an upper limit on the estimation of
how much traffic it may face. Say, would thousands of HTTP req/s be too
'astronomical' for a 4-node Dual P4 Xeon cluster to achieve? (I'm talking
about dynamic pages such as stock quotes and news)

Does anyone know of any high traffic JSP/servlet sites(running Tomcat or
similar servlet container)? I'm mostly interested to know what's the
typical "magnitude" of their HTTP throughput (e.g. hundreds or thousands
of HTTP/s) and what kinds of apps are they running.

Joseph Lam