tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Thuy-Linh Chu <t...@sigaba.com>
Subject jk_nt_service.exe stop service gives BAD packet signature
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2004 19:09:45 GMT

I have problems stopping Tomcat as a service in Windows.  I install the
service using jk_nt_service.exe (version 5.0.25).  When I stop service, I
got the following error:

Nov 3, 2004 12:16:17 PM org.apache.jk.common.MsgAjp processHeader
SEVERE: BAD packet signature 13
00 0d 00 01 00                                   | .....
Nov 3, 2004 12:16:17 PM
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable run
SEVERE: Caught exception (java.lang.NullPointerException) executing
org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection@ddc581, terminating thread

Looks like what it means is that the jk_nt_service.exe was sending Tomcat a
incorrect format message.  If this is a bug, I would be very surprised to
see that it got through all these times.  My guess is are there something
wrong with my build of the jk_nt_service.exe or my configuration somewhere.
Perhaps bit ordering difference?

Could you help?  Thanks.