tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Schuerig <mich...@schuerig.de>
Subject Removing a webapp that crashed on startup?
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:07:24 GMT

During development I sometimes have the case that my webapp crashes on
startup. If that happens, I stop Tomcat, remove from CATALINA_BASE
everything that's related to my app, and start Tomcat again. Simply
removing the rogue app from the Manager doesn't work, it raises an
exception:

"Encountered exception LifecycleException:  Container
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/myapp]
has not been started"

Is there a way to remove an undead webapp without stopping and
restarting Tomcat?

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                         Those people who smile a lot
mailto:michael@schuerig.de                             Watch the eyes