tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Quinton Delpeche <quint...@vippayroll.co.za>
Subject Re: [OT] RE: Tomcat Requirements?
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 10:46:56 GMT
On Tuesday 30 November 2004 12:42, Peter Crowther wrote:
> Bloody.  Would you expect that to be the case?  Naively, I'd be looking
> at my database indexing at this point and seeing what was causing mySQL
> to have problems.

I had a similar problem with PostgresQL. Created some indexes and now the
slowest part of the system is the network connection to the client.

> Without seeing some memory and disk I/O figures, I can't answer that -
> simply measuring the CPU gives you one dimension of (at least) a
> 3-dimensional puzzle.

:) I agree.

Quinton Delpeche
Internal Systems Developer
Softline VIP

Telephone: +27 12 420 7000
Direct:    +27 12 420 7007
Facsimile: +27 12 420 7344

http://www.vippayroll.co.za/

"I'd love to go out with you, but I have to stay home and see if I
snore."