tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "deepak shripat mane" <deepakmane2...@rediffmail.com>
Subject Re: Unnable to redeploy an axis web app
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2004 17:55:41 GMT
  Hello Friends

have u configured tomcat with log4j concept
Could you include the contents of your log4j.properties file.
2) Are you 100% sure that the trio
  - LogManager.shutdown();
  - java.beans.Introspector.flushCaches();
  - LogFactory.releaseAll();java.beans.Introspector.flushCaches()
really gets called?

Deepak

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 Vy Ho wrote :
>I am sorry that this is a cross post from Axis list.  However, I think I this maybe more
appropriate place to ask, since people here may know more about application redeployment and
frequent problems associated with it.

>What I have is an Axis web application, I want to undeploy it, then redeploy the application.
 When I redeploy the application, I get an error.  Is this a known problem with Axis?  Is
there a way to go around this?  Or it's the way I do it (wrongly).  Here's the error:

>- Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped already.  Could not load
META-INF/services/org.apache.axis.EngineConfigurationFactory.  The eventual following stack
trace is caused by an error thrown for debugging purposes as well as to attempt to terminate
the thread which caused the illegal access, and has no functional impact.

>- Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped already.  Could not load
org/apache/axis/configuration/EngineConfigurationFactoryServlet.class.  The eventual following
stack trace is caused by an error thrown for debugging purposes as well as to attempt to terminate
the thread which caused the illegal access, and has no functional impact.

>- Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped already.  Could not load
org.apache.axis.configuration.EngineConfigurationFactoryServlet.  The eventual following stack
trace is caused by an error thrown for debugging purposes as well as to attempt to terminate
the thread which caused the illegal access, and has no functional impact.

>- StandardWrapper.Throwable
>java.lang.ThreadDeath
>   at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1221)

>   at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1181)

>   at org.apache.commons.discovery.ResourceClass$1.run(ResourceClass.java:77)
>   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>   at org.apache.commons.discovery.ResourceClass.loadClass(ResourceClass.java:73)
>   at org.apache.axis.configuration.EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder$1.run(EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder.java:122)

>   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>   at org.apache.axis.configuration.EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder.newFactory(EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder.java:113)

>   at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.getEngineEnvironment(AxisServletBase.java:247)

>   at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.getEngine(AxisServletBase.java:170)

>   at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.getOption(AxisServletBase.java:370)

>   at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.init(AxisServletBase.java:110)
>   at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:211)
>   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1053)

>   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:886)
>   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:3817)

>   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4079)
>   at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:755)

>   at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:739)
>   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:525)
>
>- Servlet /axis threw load() exception
>javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet.init() for servlet AdminServlet threw exception
>   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1095)

>   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:886)
>   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:3817)

>   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4079)
>   at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:755)

>   at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:739)
>   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:525)
>
>I try to move all Axis library from /WEB-INF/lib to outside, and add to class path (so
that maybe class loading would not be a problem), but this still happens.