tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Quinton Delpeche <quint...@vippayroll.co.za>
Subject Problem on SuSE 9.2...
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 21:16:34 GMT
Greetings,

It is me again.

What does this error mean:

"The time allowed for the login process has been exceeded"

Is there a problem with my PostgresQL JDBC driver for the User Realm?
This same code worked on a MS-SQL server... ...why won't work it here.

The previous server was a SuSE 9.0 running Tomcat 4.
Is there a serious difference in configuration?

Here is the extract from my server.xml file:
<EXTRACT>
<!-- Context for Internal Systems ROOT engine -->
        <Context className="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext"
debug="0"
                 cachingAllowed="false" cookies="false" crossContext="false"
                 charsetMapperClass="org.apache.catalina.util.CharsetMapper"
                 displayName="VIP Internal Systems (Core Engine)" path=""
                 docBase="/srv/www/tomcat5/base/webapps/ROOT"
privileged="false"
                 mapperClass="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextMapper"
                 reloadable="true" swallowOutput="false" useNaming="true"
                 wrapperClass="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper">
          <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm"
connectionName="USER"
                 connectionPassword="PASSWORDS" debug="99"
driverName="org.postgresql.Driver"
                 connectionURL="jdbc:postgresql://SOME_IP:5432/intsys"
roleNameCol="&quot;_vipRoleName&quot;"
                 userCredCol="&quot;_vipPassword&quot;"
userNameCol="&quot;cAgentName&quot;" userRoleTable="&quot;_vipRole&quot;"
                 userTable="&quot;_rtblAgents&quot;" validate="true"/>
        </Context>
</EXTRACT>

The names have been changed to protect the guilty.

I have to echo the the column names and table names with &quot; because I am
using PostgresQL which is ANSI 92 compliant... ...could this be the problem.

Please help me. :(

Quinton Delpeche
Internal Systems Developer
Softline VIP

Telephone: +27 12 420 7000
Direct:    +27 12 420 7007
Facsimile: +27 12 420 7344

http://www.vippayroll.co.za/

A day for firm decisions!!!!!  Or is it?