tomcat-users mailing list archives

From QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>
Subject Re: Suggestion - upgrade scripts.
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 12:45:12 GMT
On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 10:32:33AM +0000, Andoni wrote:
: Ok, I have been playing around with this idea. What I would use most would
: not so much be an upgrade script between versions but an upgrade script
: between sub-version. Or maybe even just a list of the files that have
: changed in a sub-version upgrade, and a copy of each one.

Given the Apache license, you're more than able to create and distribute
such an "upgrade" package yourself.  As there are no roadblocks between
you and your goal, why not give ti a shot?

I personally prefer a different upgrade philosophy, but this certainly
is a situation in which we can all do what we want without affecting
anyone else. ;)

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net