tomcat-users mailing list archives

From vign...@mymcsb.com
Subject Strange Problem!: Connection time out while using URLConnection connect method
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:36:32 GMT
Hi All,

I am posting this again. Please help.

Thanks.

----------Forwarded message ----------
From: vignesh@mymcsb.com
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Strange Problem!: Connection time out while using URLConnection connect method
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:30:17 GMT

Hi All,

I am facing a very strange problem. When I run tomcat4.1.27 in command prompt, I am able to
connect and call a servlet deployed in it from another java program running on another machine
using using URLConnection connect method.

But when I run tomcat server from windows services, the client program is not able to call
the deployed servlet and throws the below exception at the line where connect method is invoked.

java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

Has anyone else faced this strange problem. The only difference is in the way tomcat server
has been started. When started in command prompt there are no problems in connecting to the
server and calling the servlet deployed in it! I need to badly get this working when tomcat
is started as a windows service.

Thanks in Advance.

Vignesh.