tomcat-users mailing list archives

From QM <>
Subject Re: OFF TOPIC String to char type
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 00:19:20 GMT
On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 11:51:38AM -0500, phil campaigne wrote:
:  I am storing a flag in the database as type char, but it is set from a
: web page request object as a string. I need to convert it from type
: String to char in java.

Which DB?  For those I know, "DB char" != "Java char."

The former describes a column with character data, whereas the latter
describes a variable that contains a single character.  So the character
conversion you're doing may be unnecessary.

: I tried String.charAt(0) which seems to convert
: to a char type untill I assign it to a variable of type char:
: char processed = processed_string.charAt(0);
: when I execute this I get the error message: type undefined.

Please post the offending code.

btw, thanks for marking this OT.

software  --
tech news --