tomcat-users mailing list archives

From QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>
Subject Re: Apache Tomcat production deployment: yr opinion reqd
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 00:11:59 GMT
On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 08:28:37AM -0800, Vijay wrote:
: b) I believe the default configuration settings for
: Apache/Tomcat are usuallly appropriate for a
: medim-sized deployment. Is there any
: document/web-site/ list mail archive that can guide me
: on how to arrive at optimum configuration settings?

I wince every time I see this question.  If there were such magical,
one-size-fits-all settings, I'd have faith in the Tomcat developers to
put them in the default config. =)

: Any information on what  to look out for when
: configuring for medium to large deployments would be
: of immense help.

There must be some J2EE tuning guides out there... What does Google tell
you?

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net