tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ross Smith <ross.sm...@kelvininstitute.com>
Subject Servlet problem with Tomcat
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 14:31:48 GMT
Hi,

I am having an infuriating problem with a servlet in Tomcat 4.1.31:  whenever I
start tomcat, I get the error attached below.  As far as I can see, the problem
seems to lie with mx4j/tools/naming/NamingService not being found, even though
the JAR containing this class is present.  I suspect that my current
development install of tomcat is improperly configured, as the servlet works
fine in the deployment server (Sun One Application Server 7), though I am far
from sure.

Could anyone suggest any possible causes for this error? Or at least point me in
the right direction? I apologise if this is a simple Java/Servlet problem, but
neither my colleagues or I have had any success with this matter.  Any and all
help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Ross Smith

63   [15.11.04 15:56:57,531] [main] ERROR com.jario.server.jmx.JMXManager  -
registerJMXConnector() ReflectionException ex
javax.management.ReflectionException: The MBean class could not be loaded by the
context classloader
        at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanInstantiatorImpl.loadClass(MBeanInstantiatorImpl.java:432)
        at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanInstantiatorImpl.findClass(MBeanInstantiatorImpl.java:72)
        at
com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.createMBean(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:279)
        at
com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.createMBean(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:227)
        at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.createMBean(JmxMBeanServer.java:354)
        at
com.jario.server.jmx.JMXManager.registerJMXConnector(JMXManager.java:88)
        at com.jario.server.jmx.JMXManager.startJMX(JMXManager.java:67)
        at
com.jario.server.connection.ServerContextListener.contextInitialized(ServerContextListener.java:65)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3212)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3554)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:774)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:760)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:548)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.install(StandardHostDeployer.java:260)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(StandardHost.java:741)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs(HostConfig.java:445)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:353)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:671)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:311)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1149)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:707)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1141)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:316)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:450)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2143)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:463)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:350)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:129)
        at
        at
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:156)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: mx4j/tools/naming/NamingService
        at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanInstantiatorImpl.loadClass(MBeanInstantiatorImpl.java:429)
        ... 33 more

--
Ross Smith
Software Engineer