tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Joe Reger, Jr." <...@joereger.com>
Subject Embedded Tomcat deploying WAR with URL of type jar:
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:59:35 GMT

Hi.

I have a question regarding the embedded version of Tomcat.  I'd like to
have a java program start an instance of Tomcat and then deploy a WAR file
to it.

URL warFile = new URL("jar:C:/source/ROOT.war");
Deployer deployer = (Deployer)host;
deployer.install("/ROOT", warFile);

I get the following error on the first line above:
java.net.MalformedURLException: no !/ in spec

This appears to be a known issue with Java:
http://archives.java.sun.com/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0311&L=jini-users&F=&S=&P=1044
6

But in the Tomcat API doc I see "A URL of type "jar:" that points to a WAR
file, or type "file:" that points to an unpacked directory structure
containing the web application to be installed ":
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/catalina/docs/api/org/apache
/catalina/Deployer.html#install(java.net.URL,%20java.net.URL)

working.  Any help appreciated.

Sorry for the long message.

Joe Reger