tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Joe Reger, Jr." <...@joereger.com>
Subject WAR file and context.xml overwriting on deployment
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:28:24 GMT

Hi.

I have a java web app that I package as a WAR file.  People download it.
They install it on their instance of Tomcat.  They configure application
settings as variables in context.xml.

The problem is that each time they grab updated code (a new WAR file) they
overwrite their context.xml file with the default settings.

Is there some more user-friendly way to deal with this configuration issue?
How do others that provide downloadable WAR files do this?

I understand that this may not be the traditional usage of WAR files and
Tomcat.  Ideas welcome.

Thanks,

Joe Reger