tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steven Lister" <javacu...@mail.com>
Subject RE: JAVA_OPTS
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 17:35:21 GMT
Thanks for the quick reply.
the sound you probably heard a couple of minutes ago was my head repeatedly hitting my desk.
the Xms and Xms was a mispelling.  :(
export JAVA_OPTS='-server -Xms128m -Xmx384m -Djava.awt.headless=true'

Does anyone know -server cached if that is mispelled or wrong tense?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shapira, Yoav"
To: "Tomcat Users List"
Subject: RE: JAVA_OPTS
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 12:23:36 -0500

> Hi,
>
> >First one is I was looking at -server cached and tested that out and got
> >nothing, tomcat didnt start a process.
>
> You probably mistyped the JAVA_OPTS setting.
>
> >Next is -Xms128 -Xmx384 gives me an error of  "Error occurred during
> >initialization of VM  Too small initial heap"
> >Tomcat wont start with either of these flags set in JAVA_OPTS.
>
> Definitely mistyped the JAVA_OPTS setting there: add m after 128 and 384 to make it megabytes.

> Yoav

may contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged. This e-mail is
intended only for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied,
printed, disclosed or used by anyone else. If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please
immediately delete this e-mail from your computer system and notify the sender. Thank you.