tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Harry Douglass, Jr." <h.dougl...@verizon.net>
Subject Address already in use:JVM_BIND:8080
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2004 02:03:34 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to install Apache Tomcat to run JSP and servlets for the first
time.  When I type in this URL 'http://localhost:8080/' Windows XP prompts
me for a username and password.  I typed in both the username 'admin' and
blank password and a custom username and password when I installed it and I
get an "Unauthorized" web page returned.

When I try running Tomcat from the DOS prompt by typing 'tomcat start', I
see the SEVERE Error message: Address already in use:JVM_BIND:8080.  I know
I am running IIS, but I want to keep the same port it runs on, and manually
start Tomcat when I need it.

Why can't I get it to work?

Thank you very much in advance,

Harry