tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Miehs <and...@2sheds.de>
Subject Re: Huge tomcat memory footprint
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2004 00:35:28 GMT
Hi Anand,

We currently have a similar problem. Under load the JVM consumes more and more
memory. (We are using tomcat 5.0 and Sun JVM 1.4.2 and linux (debian sarge))

In our case it looks as if the Garbage Collector is not getting enough time to
free memory - but this is still very much a guess. You may want to have a
look in this direction however.

We are currently looking at see what setting we can tune for the GC or maybe
using a different JVM.

Good luck,

Andrew