tomcat-users mailing list archives

From fzli...@omnytex.com
Subject Re: Tomcat on PDA
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2004 18:40:39 GMT
I don't think you'll find a native build, but you MIGHT be able to get away with emulation...
There are one or two x86 emulator for PocketPC, at least one of which can run Windows 95...
If you can get that far, Tomcat MIGHT run in that environment.  Performance would be terrible
I'd guess, so it's probably not even worth trying.  Your looking for an ARM-native version
that works under PocketPC, and that doesn't exist to my knowledge, partly because there's
no ARM-compatible binaries and partly because PocketPC doesn't support most of what Tomcat
would need (i.e., JDK or full-fledged JRE... there are some Java runtimes, but I'm not sure
how complete they are).

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect