tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allen Beacon" <al...@manino.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2004 16:26:48 GMT
That´s just what I was looking for, thanks.  You are right, I when I
configured the tomcat-users.xml I read the document so fast that I didn´t
even noticed this:

In addition to the password restrictions the manager web application could
be restricted by the remote IP address or host by adding a RemoteAddrValve
or RemoteHostValve. Here is an example of restricting access to the
localhost by IP address:

<Context path="/manager" debug="0" privileged="true"
         docBase="/usr/local/kinetic/tomcat4/server/webapps/manager">
         <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteAddrValve"
                allow="127.0.0.1"/>
</Context>

 I´m guessing that I should use that inside the manager.xml not the
tomcat-users.xml.

Thanks for your time.