tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Charles Robinson <robin...@ocean.com.au>
Subject JK/JK2 connector className?
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2004 22:46:24 GMT
Hi,

I've decided now to try to get tomcat 1.4.30 working with JK. From what
I understand (not much at this stage), JK2 is no longer actively
supported, hard to configure and all advancements from it will be
back-ported to JK thus making JK the best choice today.

Right, well my rpm of tomcat4 comes with jk2 by default. So now I must
configure JK by hand. I found lots of confusing documentation about
whether or not JK or JK2 is deprecated/actively developed/right to use -
or not, but am struggling ahead somehow. I want this to work as I have
faith in apache/tomcat (and especially open source)!

Below is an excerpt from my tomcat4 1.4.30 release, server.xml:

    <!-- Define a Coyote/JK2 AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8009 -->
       enableLookups="true" redirectPort="8443"
       useURIValidationHack="false"
       protocolHandlerClassName="org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler"/>

It says in the comment that it is a 'Coyote/JK2 AJP 1.3 Connector' but
can I use this with a JK connector? Actually, is the
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector compatible with JK? Also, will
the org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler provide the correct connection
to apache (2.0.50) running mod_jk (1.2.5)? I am trying to comprehend the
docs but not having much success/fun with them.

Can someone further my enlightenment, please?

Best regards,

Tom

--
Thomas Robinson - IT Director Constant Stream

   Integration, Support, Development and Training
   Linux, Oracle, Windows, Networking

   (Daedalus Compass Pty Ltd)            Cell: +44 (0)7879 428 968
   132 Clifden Court, Clifden Road       Work: +44 (0)20 8891 6262
   Twickenham, Middlesex, TW1 4LR        Fax:  +44 (0)20 8891 6363
   United Kingdom

   CONFIDENTIALITY: Copyright (C). This message with any appended or
   attached material is intended for addressees only and may not be
   copied or forwarded to or used by other parties without permission.