tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alessandro Ronchi <alessan...@aronchi.org>
Subject Newbie: problem with WebDav Tomcat servlet
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2004 11:40:16 GMT
I want to use tomcat to develop an application. I've got the tomcat
server correcly running, and I managed correctly basic users
permissions.

I have a problem: i want to use webdav to upload my app contents (jsp
pages), but I get two errors:
- Webdav runs correctly and ask me the correct password. After that, it
shows me only the webdav/ contents (index.html  tomcat.gif
tomcat-power.gif  WEB-INF), and I can't write anything. The
WEB-INF/web.xml contains the uncommented init-param:

    <!-- Uncomment this to enable read and write access -->

    <init-param>
      <param-name>readonly</param-name>
      <param-value>false</param-value>
    </init-param>

    <!--load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup-->

- I want to read and write with webdav (i'm using dreamweaver) my app
dir:

/usr/share/tomcat/server/webapps/dwers

but I simply can't.

I need some help, also a correct rtfm, because I've searched a lot but
with no results.

Thanks in advance.

--
Alessandro Ronchi <alessandro@aronchi.org>