tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ben Souther <bsout...@fwdco.com>
Subject RE: Where to put bean classes
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2004 14:04:29 GMT
If you're interested, I've posted a couple of really simple example
webapps.

SimpleMVC, has beans that are accessed from JSPs.
http://www.souther.us/simple.

The examples are not tutorials. They are just a quick way to get a
working example on your machine. Yoav Shapira's advice about finding a
good tutorial should be your first step.

On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 08:26, Shapira, Yoav wrote:
> Hi,
> You should read a book or tutorial on web application development when you get a chance
;)  Tomcat has one called "First Webapp" or something like that in its docs.

> Put your beans in a package (e.g. com.mycompany) when developing them.  When deploying
your webapp, either put the compiled bean class files under WEB-INF/classes(/com/mycompany...)
or put them in a jar in your WEB-INF/lib directory.