tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Alexandre Borgoltz" <alexandre.borgo...@smartjog.com>
Subject Re: Ordering loading order of webapps
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:13:17 GMT
>Any patch would be container-specific,
>which is even worse than
>version-dependent.
I agree patching is not a good solution. And I also agree webapps should not
depend on each others.

More, I already am using a home-made framework handling dependencies between
the components of my application.  Thus I'm not sure Tapestry would
help -I'll have a closer look at it anyway.

>For resources to rely on one another there has to be a loading
>order to them.  Again, not mandated by the Spec, and therefore not
>portable even if we did do it in Tomcat.
Not sure I understand :
*Order of load for Resources can be configured in tomcat? how?
*Can I add a reference to another resource in a resource?
I can't find anything about that in tomcat5.5 docs...

Alexandre BORGOLTZ
Head of Technology

SmartJog S.A
Phone: +33 (0)1 4996 6324