tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Alexandre Borgoltz" <alexandre.borgo...@smartjog.com>
Subject Re: Ordering loading order of webapps
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 15:34:50 GMT
Sad.

>It's fragile design
What do you mean?

>implement a patch yourself as you've done for 4.x
I could, but this is so ugly. And the patch is version-dependent.

Instead, I'm trying to implement the "common" part (that the webapps depend
on and that thus needs to be loaded first) as a resource and not as a webapp
that shares its context. Would be so much cleaner.
But I'm facing another problem which is this new resource depends on another
resource (the datasource). And I can't retreive the datasource at resource's
load time because the JNDI context is not yet available!
(I've posted another email re: that, anyway)

Thank you for your answer, Yoav. BTW, I'm impressed by the number of posts
you answer to... Bravo! :)

Alexandre BORGOLTZ
Head of Technology

SmartJog S.A