tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Goldman, Stephen CIV SWRMC" <stephen.m.gold...@navy.mil>
Subject RE: SSL on tomcat breaks file download
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 18:00:27 GMT
Does anyone know how to setup Tomcat so that no-cache is not the default.  I have a simular
problem except accessing files under ssl.  These are physically located on the server and
when I try to open them I get an error saying the request is unavailable.

Stephen

-----Original Message-----
From: Dobson Paul L Contr OO-ALC/LGFBR [mailto:Paul.Dobson@HILL.af.mil]
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2004 9:49
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: SSL on tomcat breaks file download

Worked perfectly!  Thank you.

Paul Dobson, F-16 Programmer/Analyst
Viranim Technologies, Inc
OO-ALC/LGFBR
(801) 755-3679
paul.dobson@hill.af.mil

-----Original Message-----
From: Edouard Dalla-Costa [mailto:edallacosta@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2004 10:34 AM
To: Tomcat Users List

hey,

it is simply an header problem. I encountered the same problem few
month except that I am using servlet and not JSP file. But I think it
should be exactly the same. Tomcat by default set Cache-Control and
Pragma to no-cache. So you have to force those to to cache. I had to
add those two line to my servlet:

    response.setHeader( "Cache-Control", "cache" );
    response.setHeader( "Pragma",        "cache" );

I hope it will help you

Doud