tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Goldman, Stephen CIV SWRMC" <stephen.m.gold...@navy.mil>
Subject RE: Tomcat5, error when trying to access file in protected directory
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 22:17:57 GMT

Forgot to add that everything worked fine under Tomcat 4.1.  Did not begin to experience this
problem until the server was upgraded to 5

> I am running tomcat 5.0.24 with Apache 2.0 with SSL enabled.  My problem is that if I
try to open a word document or as a matter of fact any type of file located on the server
 (excluding jsp or html) in a protected directory, Internet explorer returns the error message
"The requested site is either unavailable or connot be found"  If the file is placed in a
unprotected area, then there is no problem.  I've seen documents on the net talking about
IE and SSL, having problems accessing files, but the fix was to no do no-cache.  Is there
a default setting somewhere in Tomcat that sets the page to nocache?.   The curious part is
that if I use mozilla firefox, there is no problem at all.  Unfortunately, this is not an
option.