tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark O'Driscoll" <mark...@eircom.net>
Subject Re: Sessions on restart
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 15:29:44 GMT
Well, as you can see my listener implements this interface but the
activation/ passivation methods are never called :-( I have flagged the
class as a <listener> in m web.xml. Is there anything else I have to do?

TIA

Mark

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2004 3:14 PM
Subject: RE: Sessions on restart

Hi,

>Now when tomcat restarts, the sessions persist OK but I have no way of
>knowing the list of active sessions.

There will be an activation event for each session restored from disk.
If your listener implemented HttpSessionActivationListener, you'd get
this event.  By monitoring session creation, activation, passivation,
and destruction, you will be able to maintain the list of active
sessions.

>I am sure that in the 4.0.x days, sessionCreated was called on restart
for >all the persisted sessions. That doesn't seem to be happening with
5.0.28.

This behavior was a bug if it indeed existed.

Yoav Shapira http://www.yoavshapira.com

sender.  Thank you.