tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Claassen <...@donnell.com>
Subject RE: ClassLoader question
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2004 20:13:48 GMT
I forgot to mention that I am running 4.1, however the docs are similar and
on this point I clearly deserve any sneers that are sent my way.

But,...
In the default web.xml file there is this:
<!-- IMPORTANT: To use the CGI servlet, you also need to rename the
-->
<!--            $CATALINA_HOME/server/lib/servlets-cgi.renametojar file
-->
<!--            to $CATALINA_HOME/server/lib/servlets-cgi.jar
-->.

When the name is changed, the default CGIServlet works!  Why does the
CGIServlet work from the server/lib directory and mine not?  Does it
actually check somehow?  My class is currently a carbon copy of tomcat's
with no additional class dependencies.  It compiles against the catalina.jar
just fine.