tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pragyan Padmini Misra" <prag...@emacmillan.com>
Subject Tomcat startup time delay in Windows 95/98
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 11:48:21 GMT
HI,
  I had posted this earlier and again am resending as am still not getting
any solution. Can any one help me out on this. The application which we have
developed has a performance related issue in Windows 95/98. We install the
application and when we click on the aplication icon it internally invokes a
Flash screen displaying the application is loading and internally calls the
startup.bat file in tomcat\bin for the server startup process, which
internally calls the catalina.bat file and so on and so forth. We cannot
startup Tomcat as a service in Win 95/98. The problem basically which we are
facing is the time taken for the load of the application. The load time
takes up about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. This doesnt seem to be a feasible
solution for the product acceptance. Is there any way we can decrease the
tomcat startup load time? Can we manipulate on the processes so as to reduce
the load time? Or is there any solution for the same?

  Regards
  Pragyan