tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Kirk" <tomcat-u...@web-startup.co.uk>
Subject RE: Questions on loading servlet vs. loading JSP
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 17:51:44 GMT
I may be way off the mark here, but could this by any chance be related to
the JNI classloading issue raised by Benson last week could it?  You'll find
more details if you search the archive, but the basic jist of that was:

1. if you try to load the same JNI class using two different classloaders in
the same JVM, you will have problems
2. each webapap has its own classloader

so, any chance that your servlet and JSP are in different webapps?

does JSPServlet use a different classloader to load the compiled classes
than is used to load servlets in the same webapp?