tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ed Sykes" <esykes...@cogeco.ca>
Subject Re: Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 18:04:37 GMT
Hi Allistair,

Thank you very much for helping.

Here's my revised server.xml :

<Context docBase="/ROOT" reloadable="true">

   <Resource name="jdbc/myoracle" auth="Container"
              type="javax.sql.DataSource"
driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
              url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@newton.sheridanc.on.ca:1522:DB2"
              username="jits" password="testing" maxActive="20" maxIdle="10"
              maxWait="-1"/>

    </Context>

it is located inside   the <Host>  </Host>  tag

Unfortunately, Tomcat responds with:

SEVERE:  Catalina.stop:

etc.

and doesn't start.

Just to make things clear here is the location of the important stuff:

my JDBC files:
C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.5.4\common\lib

my server.xml:
C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.5.4\conf

my web app:
C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.5.4\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes\JITS

the web app web.xml file:
C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.5.4\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF

Thanks,
Ed Sykes