tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ed Sykes" <esykes...@cogeco.ca>
Subject Re: Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 19:11:59 GMT
Hi !

i'm sure everything on the database end is fine.

All i'm doing in the Java file ( located in
C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.5.4\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes\JITS )
is making a database connection at this time.
if I use:

Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver");
conn =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:thin:@newton.sheridanc.on.ca:1522:DB2",
"jits", "pass");
stmt = conn.createStatement();

works fine.  So, Tomcat finds the Oracle JDBC driver fine and the version of
the JDBC driver is fine.

I think it must be something in the server.xml or web.xml  or another xml
file where Tomcat is expecting to see the parameters for the  jdbc driver
classname, and the connectionURL..

Thanks,
Ed Sykes