tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ed Sykes" <esykes...@cogeco.ca>
Subject Re: Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 17:23:35 GMT
Hi Yoav Shapira,

Thank you for your help.

I've corrected my server.xml file.  the first line now looks like:
<Context path="ROOT" docBase=""

Tomcat starts up properly.

The Oracle JDBC driver (classes12.jar, classes12dms.jar, and
nls_charset12.jar)  are in:

C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.5.4\common\lib

One thing I am worried about is, during Tomcat startup, the log produces:
INFO: Missing application web.xml, using defaults only
StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[ROOT]

do you think this is related to the problem?
it is curious because Tomcat can find and serve up the Servlet which is
defined in the web.xml file...

Thanks
-Ed Sykes