tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andoni <andonil...@eurokom.ie>
Subject Re: Database Pooling
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:32:58 GMT
I think what you are looking for is this:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html

This one is for Tomcat 5.x of course but varies little. Follow the links to
find ones for other Tomcats under JDBC DataSources.

Andoni.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Purcell" <spurcell@vertisinc.com>
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.jakarta.tomcat.user
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2004 9:35 PM
Subject: Database Pooling

I am developing a mid-sized application, which will use JSP Model 2
Architecture. Currently I have a class that does Database Pooling, but I am
curious about some threads I see time to time.

I have noticed that some developers on this list refer to Tomcats Database
Pooling. It looks like there are some hooks into the deployment file. So I
guess my question is as follows. does Tomcat offer this type of pooling? and
if so, is it good, and is it portable? Links, references would be great.

Thanks,
Scott