tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michael McQuade" <m.mcqu...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Tomcat and Servlets - DESPERATE for help
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 15:31:20 GMT
Hi folks,  I pray someone can tell me something here.....  Im writing an application in Servlets
using Tomcat....  Heres my scenario.....

I display a User Login screen,  ID and Password on an HTML form,  user enters data,   the
submit button executes the program to verify the Users information....  Obvioulsy if its wrong,
 it redisplays the screen,   or correct,  it carries on into the application.....  SO,  if
the user info is correct,   it CALLS another program to build and display the users data,
menu,  etc......

This all works just fine,  EXCEPT.    when it builds the new User screen,   it is building
it BELOW (i.e. same browser page)  as the User Login screen.....  Obviously this User Login
screen should be gone,  and I should just see the new results....

Ok,   if the User validation process failed (i.e.  invalid id or password)  my program just
redisplays the log in screen,  well,   same happens,  a NEW login screen,  gets bulit below
the Original log in screen.....

can ANYONE PLEASSSSSSSSE help me here.....  Does Tomcat need to kill the Servlet session?
 to know it needs to refresh the Browser?

This is killing me here, Im desperate to get this resolved so I can move forward with my app,
 I thank you all for any help you can give me....
Have a wonderful day, Merry Christmas....

Mike