tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Eric Miller" <jemil...@uchicago.edu>
Subject Auto-deploy not working in Tomcat 5.5.4 when .war file has a META-INF/context.xml?
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2004 22:17:17 GMT
I have an application which has a META-INF/context.xml file. I'm attempting
to have the file auto-redeploy itself everytime I copy an updated the
updated .war file to the webapps directory. This worked fine in Tomcat
5.0.25.

In Tomcat 5.5.4, it will deploy itself the first time through, but, when I
update the file, it doesn't auto-redeploy itself. However, I found that if I
remove the context.xml file from the META-INF directory. i.e. deploy the
.war file without a context.xml file, it reloads itself correctly.

Has anyone else ran into this problem?

I'm using the following in my context.xml file. Note, this application
doesn't technically need the file, but, I have other applications that do,
so, I need to get it working.

<?xml version="1.0"
encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Context reloadable="true"/>